[Haskell-cafe] Re: Simple newbie question - Int and Integer

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Fri Jul 13 20:58:43 EDT 2007

Dave Bayer <bayer at math.columbia.edu> wrote:
> Gregory Propf <gregorypropf <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > So what the hell is the difference between them?  Int and Integer.
> > They aren't synonyms clearly.  What's going on?
>
>     http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Learn_Haskell_in_10_minutes
>
> is a good starting point for answering this and similar questions.

Err, wow!  Word gets around fast.  I wrote that up through about 1:00 am
this morning, and I'm a little embarassed by it.  I was thinking I'd let
it hand around in my head and do a second pass in a day or two to make
it more respectable; but hey, I'll swallow my embarassment if people
find it helpful. :)

--
Chris Smith