[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-ODBC build/install problem.

Edward Ing edward.ing at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:56:07 EDT 2007

This solved the particular problem as you suggested, but I ran into
other problems and stuck at another one.
So I have another question.

When I am using DBDirect from haskelldb to connect through HDBC-odbc.
I get the following error message (I got pass the compile problems)

"DBDirect.exe: user error (Couldn't load
Database.HaskellDB.HDBC.ODBC.driver from package
haskelldb-hdbc-odbc-0.10)"

I looked into the package directories and the *.o and *.a file is there.
Also I looked into the "installed.pkg-config" file and found.

exposed: True
exposed-modules: Database.HaskellDB.HDBC.ODBC

So it appears to me that Database.HaskellDB.HDBC.ODBC  has been
installed properly.

Does the build of DBDirect have to be configured some way? I did not
configure anything for DBDirect.
Has it anything to do with hs-plugins?

Your help would be appreciated.

Edward Ing