[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:49:46 EDT 2007

Perhaps an information retrieval pipedream, but what if we attempted
an automated FAQ answerer? I'm sure some keywords pop-up often enough
in certain chunks of first posts (heterogenous lists, existential
error messages, SOE and graphics, category functor monad, etc). It
could respond with the standard links to the Wiki pages and research
papers.

Of course we would want to keep it on a leash for a while during
training and taming.

If we integrate it with the list, it might even belay the list
message, giving the user a chance to read its response before
selecting:
 * not quite helpful, send to list anyway
 * never send me this rubbish again
Or we could avoid such invasive methods all together and just
auto-post a rather comprehensive answer.

Just a neat thought -- and another potentially nifty and well-sought
tool written in Haskell.