[Haskell-cafe] Strange results when trying to create large Boolarrays.

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu Jul 12 09:50:40 EDT 2007

>> I'd really like to have errors on overflow, at least as an option, even
>> if it is costly in terms of performance.  Is there a Trac ticket or
>> something for this?

as far as safety aspects are concerned, you might consider adding
yourself to http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1380 ?

although i understand that you also want checking for overflow
in otherwise unrestricted programs, which would be a separate
issue/ticket.

> Haskell's FFI makes it as vulnerable as the libraries it interfaces to.

if you have anything beyond unsafe foreign libs, or invalid indexing
in mind, could you add it to that ticket, please? and perhaps to

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Safely_running_untrusted_Haskell_code

which concerns lessons learned about guarding lambdabot
against exploits? lambdabot has been boldly going where no
one has gone before for quite a while now, but that doesn't
ensure that all holes have been plugged.

claus