[Haskell-cafe] Number overflow

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 02:39:34 EDT 2007

Hello Thomas,

Thursday, July 12, 2007, 3:14:57 AM, you wrote:
> The differences between Int and Integer operations are mostly constant factors.

well, i will be unlucky if in my real-world program Integers would be
used instead of Ints. defaulting provides a great way to solve this
dilemma, so good-for-anyone approach may be: default defaulting to
Integer instead of Int, and use (Num a) instead of Int in all standard
functions such as length. with jhc-like automatic specialization
feature this should provide enough speed

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com