[Haskell-cafe] CGI test

Suleiman Souhlal ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 12 01:48:13 EDT 2007

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Can somebody write a trivial (as in: small) program so I can test my CGI
> stuff without having to actually install and configure Apache?
>
> (Basically, I'd like something I can compile into a small binary, so
> when I double-click it, it will listen on port 80, and when it gets a
> HTTP request, it tries to find a program with that name, and run it as a
> CGI script. And that's all. Nothing fancy; if I want fancy Apache can do
> a propper job...)
>
> Actually, might be a useful thing to have in a library somewhere.

About two years ago, I wrote a small httpd that I use to serve stuff.
It's able to do CGI as well:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ssouhlal/stuff/rephttpd-0.4.hs

Feel free to do whatever you want with it (even though the code is not
that great).

-- Suleiman