[Haskell-cafe] Toy compression algorithms

Thomas Conway drtomc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:02:45 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Yes - but making it use a non-flat model opens a whole Pandora's Box of
> fiddly programming. ;-)

This could just about be Rule No 1 of haskell programming: if it's
fiddly, then you haven't thought about the problem hard enough.

Corollary No 1 is Any Expression requiring more than 80 columns is fiddly.

:-)

I say this in jest, but it is "ha ha, only serious".

cheers,
T.
--
Dr Thomas Conway
drtomc at gmail.com

Silence is the perfectest herald of joy:
I were but little happy, if I could say how much.