[Haskell-cafe] function unique

Steve Schafer steve at fenestra.com
Wed Jul 11 17:27:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:49:27 +0200, you wrote:

>Well, there's a fundamental reason it wont work for Haskell: we dont
>actually define the names of the parameters to the function!

Yes, but you know the type, which is what really counts. And, taking
that a step further, once you've entered something for the first
argument, a real-time compiler might be able to narrow down the set of
allowed types for the second argument, and so on.

Of course, if you're in the habit of creating functions with type
signatures like Int -> Int -> Int -> Int -> Int -> Int, and you can't
remember which Int does what, then you have only yourself to blame....

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp.
http://www.fenestra.com/