[Haskell-cafe] Lazy Lists and IO

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 11 16:54:10 EDT 2007

Chaddaï Fouché wrote:
> There is already many thing in standard library. The balance is
> important.

I agree.

The question is whether we mind lots of people reimplementing this
themselves, each using their own different name for it. I believe I read
about some plan to add a trivial function named "on" to one of the
standard libraries, because having it there makes code more readable. So
the question becomes "does putting this thing in the library make
people's code clearer, or is the function trivial enough to reimplement
that one can readily see what it's for?"

I'd prefer it in the library (probably Data.List), but it's no biggie.