[Haskell-cafe] Strange results when trying to create large Bool arrays.

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 11 15:16:50 EDT 2007

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Richard Kelsall wrote:
>
>> I guess there must be a switch to make it produce a nice
>> error message rather than overflowing without warning.
>
> Actually, there isn't.

I for one sometimes wish there was...

Of course, sometimes you purposely write code which you know is going to
overflow and wrap round in a specific way. But frequently you *don't*
want this behaviour - and I wish there were some pragma or something to
make this be checked. AFAIK, most CPU types give you an efficient way to
testing for such conditions...