[Haskell-cafe] In-place modification

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 03:04:57 EDT 2007

On 11/07/07, brad clawsie <clawsie at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > Yeah, and 640K should be enough for everybody... Again, the original
> > statement was about 20 years down the line. Go back 20 years and
> > people would say similar things about C (comparing it to assembly).
> but one could argue that the democratization of programming will
> indeed marginalize "hair shirt" tech like haskell in favor of
> something accesible to the wider public

Maybe. Frankly I don't much care. Haskell may become more accessible
to the wider public, or it may not. But it seems pretty clear that we
need something *like* Haskell to be able to effecitvely program the
devices of the future, and whatever language that turns out to be,
I'll just be happy that I don't need to use C anymore!

Sebastian Sylvan
UIN: 44640862