[Haskell-cafe] Very freaky

Neil Davies semanticphilosopher at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:32:43 EDT 2007

I means that you can view programming as constructing "witnesses" to
"proofs" - programs becoming the (finite) steps that, when followed,
construct a proof.

Intuitionism only allows you to make statements that can be proved
directly - no "Reductio ad absurdum" only good, honest to goodness
constructive computational steps - sounds like programming (and
general engineering) to me.

Powerful when you grasp it - which is why I've spent the last 15 or 20
years considering myself as an intuitionistic semantic philosopher -
reasoning about the meaning of things by constructing their proofs -
great way of taking ideas, refining them into an axiomatic system then
going and making them work.

Take it from me - it is a good approach it generates exploitable ideas
that people fund that make people money!

Neil