[Haskell-cafe] Clearly, Haskell is ill-founded

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 9 01:48:03 EDT 2007

drtomc:
> I don't know if you saw the following linked off /.
>
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/13339/53/
>
> An amazon link for the book is here:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Science-Reconsidered-Invocation-Expression/dp/0471798142
>
> The basic claim appears to be that discrete mathematics is a bad
> foundation for computer science. I suspect the subscribers to this
> list would beg to disagree.
>
> Enjoy,

:-)

And he's patented it...

    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5355496-description.html

    SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

    A method and system for process expression and resolution is described. A
    first language structure comprising a possibility expression having at least
    one definition which is inherently and generally concurrent is provided.
    Further, a second language structure comprising an actuality expression
    including a fully formed input data name to be resolved is provided.
    Furthermore, a third language structure comprising an active expression
    initially having at least one invocation, the invocation comprising an
    association with a particular definition and the fully formed input data name
    of the actuality expression is provided. Subsequently, the process of resolving
    invocations begins in the active expression with fully formed input data names
    in relation to their associated definition to produce at least one or both of
    the following: (1) an invocation with a fully formed input data name and (2) a
    result data name.

Interesting...

-- Don