[Haskell-cafe] Re: Combinators for Bi-Directional Tree Transformations: A Linguistic Approach to the View Update Problem" in Haskell

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 6 15:43:03 EDT 2007

Hi Titto,

I'm not aware of any Haskell implementations of these bi-directional
combinators, but the core definitions are not very big -- someone
looking at the ML code should have no trouble recreating them in
Haskell.  The main issue to take care of, beyond the mathematical
description in the paper, is doing enough memoization of intermediate
structures.

(Implementing a full-blown programming language based on these
combinators is a more serious project, but even there the amount of
code is not that large -- it's the design that takes time, and that
you can just steal. :-)

Regards,

     - Benjamin

P.S.  Please cc me directly on any responses -- I don't read the
HaskellCafe list regularly...