[Haskell-cafe] RE: Modern Haskell books (was "Re: A very nontrivial parser")

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jul 6 05:18:36 EDT 2007

bf3:
> > but afair you don't yet have too much experience even with H98
> > language? from my POV, H98 as is useful for learning, but not for real
> > apps. there is wide common subset of GHC and Hugs language extensions
> > and this set (with exception for FD) will probably become new Haskell'
> > standard
>
> The problem I face is that most (all?) Haskell books I could find deal with
> Haskell 98... Are there any books out that cover the "modern" Haskell
> extensions?

Not yet! (But see realworldhaskell.org... :)

To make up for it we have a mass of online material:

   The amazing Haskell wikibook
   * http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell

   All the Haskell bloggers, sorted by topic
   * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Blog_articles

   Collected research papers about Haskell, by topic
   * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers

   Wiki articles, by category
   * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Category:Haskell

   Books that we do have