[Haskell-cafe] Binary serialization, was Re: Abstraction leak

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:32:15 EDT 2007

Hello Paul,

> note: with Python, I'm used to 3rd party modules being available as
> Windows installer packages - does the concept of an installable binary
> for something like MissingH, which I can just install and use, make
> sense for a compiled language like Haskell? The build, find I'm

all cabalized libraries are installed using the same commands:

runghc setup.hs configure
runghc setup.hs build
runghc setup.hs install

after this, you just "import" modules you need in your program and
when you build your program, ghc automatically links in all the
library functions you used

> As I mentioned in passing, it may well be that the library issue with
> Haskell is more of a perception (or maybe organisational) issue than a
> technical one...

the problem exists and for me, it's most important Haskell
insfrastructure problem. but things you are mentioned are already
implemented

i personally implemented several libs required for my own program; and
still miss ease-to-use and maintained GUI library

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com