[Haskell-cafe] Binary serialization, was Re: Abstraction leak

Thomas Conway drtomc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 03:55:28 EDT 2007

I was explaining Haskell to a perl/python hacking friend recently and
characterized things thus:

Perl is a horrible language with fantastic libraries.
Haskell is a fantastic language with horrible libraries.

Actually, many of the libraries that exist for Haskell *are*
fantastic, it's just that Haskell lacks the *coverage* that Perl or
Python have.

cheers,
T.
--
Dr Thomas Conway
drtomc at gmail.com

Silence is the perfectest herald of joy:
I were but little happy, if I could say how much.