[Haskell-cafe] Sparse documentation

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 4 14:29:18 EDT 2007

Jules Bean wrote:
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> Essentially I want to run a parser on top of a parser, and I think
>> maybe this is the way to do it.
>
> I doubt monad transformers are the answer.
>
> I imagine you just want to one run parser over the result of the
> previous, which is just function composition, modulo a sensible way of
> handling errors.
>
> If you give more details on what you're trying, people may have
> helpful insights. Or not :)

Yeah, running one parser on top of another isn't inherently hard. The
*hard* thing is that I want to stack several parsers on top of each
other, and *change* that stack at various points in the parsing.

After many hours of trying, I did eventually get working code. But
*damn* it's complicated! (Especially the type signatures.) Hopefully
I'll find a way to simplify it gradually...

As for asking here... I did, and nobody had anything interesting to say. :-(