[Haskell-cafe] Sparse documentation

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Jul 4 06:58:58 EDT 2007

>Simon, if the less-talented among us (like me) want to contribute to
>GHC's docs -- and especially documenting the libraries -- what's the
>best way to go about this?  I'm not too comfortable with the notion of
>just going into GHC's guts and Haddocking the comments, contributing
>patches willy-nilly because I'd not be certain I did the job right, that
>I explained things correctly where I had to amplify, etc.  Is there some
>kind of documentation team we poor souls could interact with to assist?

there was the idea of using the wiki for developing documentation
improvements, prior to actually submitting the improved texts. the
only hint of that scheme i can find right now is:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Improving_library_documentation

but establishing a documentation team to help organise the process
and to define a realistic workflow (how and where to edit, how and
who submits when its "ready", how to avoid extra work due to
working in different formats, ..) seems like a good idea. go for it!-)

claus