[Haskell-cafe] Sparse documentation

brad clawsie clawsie at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 3 23:02:49 EDT 2007

> It's also nice to have some brief comments in the API docs to say what the
> heck a particular module is even *for*, and provide enough info on the
> stuff in that module that you can quickly dip into it when you can't
> remember the name of something...

agreed.

for me, the perldocs for most of the well-used perl packages are the
gold standard. do a perldoc on the LWP or DBI modules, for example.

i often find myself using a combination of the api docs and the zvon
reference. examples are essential. it would be nice to merge these two
documentation sources. from

http://zvon.org/index.php?nav_id=legal&mime=html

i see that zvon employs a form of bsd (attribution) license

of course if i can help improve documentation, let me know. its one
thing that novice/hobbyist haskellers can contribute effectively