[Haskell-cafe] Sparse documentation

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 3 14:38:06 EDT 2007

Is there a reason why the documentation for virtually every module in
Control.Monad simply begins with a line that says

  "Inspired by some paper (http://www.ogi.edu/csee/~mpj/)"

and then just shows you a bunch of type signatures, without telling you
*anything* about what the module is supposed to be for, or what all
these classes, types, methods and functions are meant to *do*?

I'm currently struggling with a really knotty problem, and the last
thing I need is unhelpful documentation. :-S

(Did I mention that that URL goes nowhere?)