[Haskell-cafe] Is Excel the most used -- and fucntional -- programming lanuage on Earth?

Fritz Ruehr fruehr at willamette.edu
Wed Jan 31 16:11:03 EST 2007

I think Pivotal (<http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/pivotal/>) has
the "live update" behavior of spreadsheets.

I haven't played with it yet, but I saw Keith Hanna show off his
earlier Vital system; it even updates "backwards" in some sense; see
the "Direct manipulation" section at his site (<http://
www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/pivotal/adt-manip.html>).

Finally, it also does some nice things with graphics, a la Conal's
Pan (and now Eros), probably could do Jerzy/Clastic-type stuff, too.

   --  Fritz