[Haskell-cafe] Channel9 Interview: Software Composability and the Future of Languages

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:01:16 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 02:46:27AM +0300, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> 2. it bites me too. it's why i say that C++ is better imperative
> language than Haskell.

> there are also many other similar issues, such as lack of good syntax
> for "for", "while", "break" and other well-known statements,

On the other hand you have an ability to define your own control
structures.

> inability to use "return" inside of block and so on

"inability" is an exaggeration - you can use the ContT monad
transformer, which even allows you to choose how "high" you
want to jump. But you probably already know this and just want to point
that it is cumbersome?

Best regards
Tomasz