[Haskell-cafe] What is the best way to understand large programs?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 17:49:43 EST 2007

Hello Stefan,

Monday, January 29, 2007, 1:59:22 AM, you wrote:

> Note: I *have* managed to pretty thourougly understand lambdabot, but
>       it took a while, wasn't particularly easy, and anyway
>       lambdabot's dependency groups are quite small compared to eg
>       lambdabot's.  I'm hoping to make things easier for myself.

imho, the problem is common for any language and it's just because
most of programmers don't like to write comments. in my own program,
comments/code ratio is about 1:1 and i, after 2 years of development,
still understand it's every line :)  just compare yi and lambdadot
with two best commented libs i've seen - base and MissingH

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com