[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] FW: A history of Haskell

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:40:07 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Many of you will know that Paul Hudak, John Hughes, Phil Wadler and I have been working on a paper called
>
>         A History of Haskell: being lazy with class

Just wanted to say this paper is excellent, and actually a great tool
for learning Haskell. I read it about 2 months after I'd been
introduced to Haskell, and it made quite a few things about the
language clear to me. It's clearly not a tutorial, but somehow knowing
parts of the history made the language clearer.

Thanks for your (and all the other authors') effort!

Justin