[Haskell-cafe] class question

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 12:05:05 EST 2007

Hello Hans,

> I understand this cannot be done in Haskell98, but it can with the GHC
> extension? Does  {-# OPTIONS_GHC -fallow-undecidable-instances #-} refer
> to possibly infinite definitions? Thanks again!

as usual i suggest you to read http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/OOP_vs_type_classes
in order to grok type classes

when i have likewise problems in my Streams library, i've finally finished
with approach where bodies of default definitions are written as ordinal
functions and i just call these bodies explicitly when defining instances
of my classes. believe me, it's best one can do without selling his soul to
Oleg :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com