[Haskell-cafe] Re: small step evaluation as an unfold?

Steve Downey sdowney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:43:18 EST 2007

 I'll take a look at that, since one of the next things on my list is
error propagation and reporting.
In Pierce's code, source information is carried through as an explict
part of the type that represents terms in the language. I think that
would be more naturally expressed in a monad transformer, so that the
concerns of expression and type evaluation are separated from error
reporting.
But best to leave the next problem for next.
It was actually the discussion here about ListT being equivalent to a
pair of a and a Maybe of the type. So that [] is equivalent to
Nothing. Which have always seemed related, but I wasn't sure how.
Seeing that, though made me realize that expressing the evaluation as
an unfold, with the term I'm currently returning as the last element,
might make other compositions easier to write, and to follow the chain
of deductions being made.
Now I just have to write it.