[Haskell-cafe] PDF library?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 24 04:34:51 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 19:47 -0800, Aaron Tomb wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Clifford Beshers wrote:
>
> > I don't suppose anyone has any Haskell code that understands the
> > PDF format, do they?
>
> I know of one, though I'm not sure how complete it is:
>
>      http://www.alpheccar.org/en/soft/hpdf
>
> I know it can create PDF files. I'm not sure if it can read them.

Another lib that can write PDFs is the vector graphics library Cairo,
which is currently bundled with Gtk2Hs. It uses the same api (which
closely follows the PDF drawing model) to produce PNG, screen, PS and
PDF output. If someone helps us update the binding then it'll also
produce SVG output.

Duncan