[Haskell-cafe] seq (was: Article review: Category Theory)

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Jan 19 22:47:42 EST 2007

This solution was used in the first place.  But then some people were
too lazy
to actually use the Eval (as Seq was called) class, so they wanted
a polymorphic seq.  And so we're in this mess.  And it is a mess,
e.g., the foldr/build transformation ghc uses to fuse list processing
isn't really valid when you have seq.

	-- Lennart