[Haskell-cafe] Currying

Chris Eidhof chris at eidhof.nl
Thu Jan 18 06:50:12 EST 2007

> what is so great about "currying"?
>
> What are its uses, apart from letting one define functions with less
> parentheses?
Well, from an academic viewpoint, it's very interesting to see a
function defined as a composition of functions. From a practical
viewpoint, it's just really handy. It saves you a lot of tedious
typing, and that's basically what progamming languages are supposed
to do. That's exactly what I love about haskell: it saves me from a
lot of unnecessary typing. After all, I'm a lazy programmer ;)

-chris