[Haskell-cafe] Haskell category (was: Article review: Category Theory)

Peter Berry pwberry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:16:32 EST 2007

On 16/01/07, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd love comments from newcomers and experts alike regarding my
> approach, the content, improvements and so on. Of course, it's on the
> wikibook, so if you have anything to add (that's not _too_ substantial
> otherwise I'd recommend discussion first) then go ahead.

Interesting timing for me :) I was going to post about category theory
as well, but my motivation is the opposite - I'd like to ask about it.
(I've changed the subject since this ought to be a separate thread.)

My final year undergraduate project involves defining the semantics of
a memoization function in Haskell using category theory, so of course
I've been trying to figure out exactly what the Haskell category
consists of.

I've put a summary of my thoughts at http://sucs.org/~pwb/cats.txt .
I'd appreciate comments, criticism, etc.

--
Peter Berry <pwberry at gmail.com>