[Haskell-cafe] Article review: Category Theory

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:22:06 EST 2007

Hey all,

I've written a chapter for the Wikibook that attempts to teach some
basic Category Theory in a Haskell hacker-friendly fashion.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Category_theory

>From the article's introduction:

"This article attempts to give an overview of category theory, insofar
as it applies to Haskell. To this end, Haskell code will be given
alongside the mathematical definitions. Absolute rigour is not
followed; in its place, we seek to give the reader an intuitive feel
for what the concepts of category theory are and how they relate to
Haskell."

I'd love comments from newcomers and experts alike regarding my
approach, the content, improvements and so on. Of course, it's on the
wikibook, so if you have anything to add (that's not _too_ substantial
otherwise I'd recommend discussion first) then go ahead.

Thanks in advance.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com