[Haskell-cafe] Re: Resending: MissingH: profiler support?

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 08:10:47 EST 2007

Hi John,

On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:06 PM, John Goerzen wrote:

> On 2007-01-11, Chris Eidhof <chris at eidhof.nl> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> does anyone know about this? Resending as I got no replies (yet) ;)
>
> Just for the record, I have no idea; I've never really used profiling
> and couldn't figure out how to make it work in general (at least
> not in
> a short amount of time).
>
> Are you sure your problem is restricted to MissingH?  I can't think of
> anything special about it that would throw off profiling.
>
> -- John

Does MissingH's cabal file have a line

	Ghc-Prof-Options:       -prof -auto-all

?

The rhs of the option is added to compiler command line when the
--enable-library-profiling option is included to configure.  Without
this,
the --enable-library-profiling switch doesn't do anything.  (Arguably a
bug that cabal silently does nothing instead of reporting an error.)

Best Wishes,
Greg