[Haskell-cafe] State monad strictness - how?

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Fri Jan 12 05:32:59 EST 2007

John Meacham wrote:
> incidentally, I made a very strict and unboxed version of the RWS monad,
> since it is a darn useful one in jhc. right now, it only implements the
> things I needed, but it might be useful to include somewhere common and
> expanded on
> http://repetae.net/dw/darcsweb.cgi?r=jhc;a=headblob;f=/Util/RWS.hs
>         John

I have copied your email and the code to the wiki at

and linked to it from the page that collects such items:

Everyone who is discussing variants of State might consider posting useful
implementations on the wiki under New_monads.

For example, some time ago I posted a LazyWriterT that added the '~' to the
tuple matching in (=>>) and mfix.