[Haskell-cafe] question about database interfaces

Björn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Tue Jan 9 09:02:32 EST 2007

Eric Sessoms wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've found the list of database libraries at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries_and_tools/Database_interfaces
> but I haven't found much guidance in choosing among them.
> , which is what most people are
> So I'm wondering -- in practice, what do people actually use?  Is
> there a more-or-less generally accepted standard database library for
> Haskell?

No, there isn't an accepted standard. For low-level database access
(read: using SQL strings), HDBC, HSQL and Takusen are the currently
useful libraries as far as I know.

There is also HaskellDB, which attempts to free you from writing SQL and
instead present a high-level, type-safe back-end independent interface.

/Björn