[Haskell-cafe] HaskellForge?

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:15:44 EST 2007

On 1/7/07, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> http://rubyforge.org/ , for one.  But I'd argue it's not really
> Hackage, so much as a pretty wrapper for darcs.haskell.org.  (Gems is
> the Ruby equivalent of Cabal and Hackage.)

I've been programming in Ruby for about 1.5 years, and rubyforge is
one of the strong "features" of the community. It's a central place
where libraries can be distributed easily to other ruby hackers. From
my limited experience with Haskell (about 5 months), finding,
installing, and using libraries is one of the bigger pains.

For example, if I want to install Rails (ruby web-app framework), I just type:

  gem install rails

It's pretty slick.