[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Package rdtsc for reading IA-32 time stamp counters

Martin Grabmueller magr at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 4 10:50:27 EST 2007

Andy Georges schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> version 1.0 of package rdtsc has just been released.
>>
>> This small package contains one module called 'Rdtsc.Rdtsc'.
>
> I am wondering what it would take to get rdpmc in there as well. Of
> course, you'd need some way to set the pmcs before running, but that can
> be done using e.g. perfctr. I'd like to take a swing at implementing
> this, unless somebody else volunteers or thinks it's basically useless.

I welcome any patches.  Currently, I do not plan to support other performance
counters or measurement schemes.

BTW, version 1.1 of rdtsc is now available from

  http://uebb.cs.tu-berlin.de/~magr/projects/rdtsc/doc/

or

  darcs get --partial http://uebb.cs.tu-berlin.de/~magr/projects/rdtsc/

(thanks to Bjorn Bringert for the hask-home tool used to generate the homepage for rdtsc).

Bye,
  Martin