[Haskell-cafe] Composing functions with runST

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jan 4 08:25:06 EST 2007

Hi Bulat,

I wrote:
>> One is the confusion caused by the strange semantics
>> to those not familiar with the theory...

Like me, of course.

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> this function exists, but named unsafeIOtoST.

That wasn't what I had in mind, because it forces the
thread parameter to take the specific value RealWorld.

But I am not sure anymore that it is needed. It turned out
that my case was just another instance of the first
kind of awkwardness. So I no longer have any evidence
that the second kind of awkwardness exists. So
I withdraw my proposal.

Thanks,
Yitz