[Haskell-cafe] Composing functions with runST

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jan 4 04:43:42 EST 2007

Paul Moore wrote:
> ...your nice helpful intuitions about monads can break down into
> real confusion when you hit complex monads, monad transformers and the
> like - *and you hit them quite early in the APIs of some libraries*!

I don't think that is a problem with the design of the
libraries. It is a problem with the documentation.

Almost all library documentation could be written so that
any user could easily use the library in a simple, practical,
straightforward way.

I am not saying that it would be easy, but it could be
done.

Nowadays, that type of documentation is taken for
granted for every popular programming language.

-Yitz