[Haskell-cafe] What inhabits this type: (forall a. a -> b) -> (forall a. m a -> m b)

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:57:54 EST 2007

The type doesn't actually indicate that the type m supports a return
operation. I introduced the qualifier that it was a functor. You
implicity introduced the constraint that it is a monad (actually a
"pointed functor", but that's a Monad's return operator). With that
constraint, your thought process seems fine to me.