[Haskell-cafe] State of OOP in Haskell

Ralf Lammel Ralf.Lammel at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 26 20:01:05 EST 2007

Lennart wrote:

> OOHaskell is ingenious, but it's a terrible way to use Haskell.
> It's very unidiomatic Haskell, and it makes you do things in the
> same old OO way.

It's probably obvious but let me say that ...
OOHaskell is more of a proof of concept and a sandbox for OO language design.
It is not a serious proposal for actual OO application development.

Alexy wrote:

> And OOHaskell didn't compile for me on GHC 6.6...  tells you about
> currency of use.

I know a few people trying to use it. :-)
Oleg and I were distracted but will update OOHaskell for 6.6 soon.

Ralf