[Haskell-cafe] Hi can u explain me how drop works in Haskell

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 02:44:21 EST 2007

Here's my, probably very obvious, contribution.

What I'd like feedback on is

 1) code seem ok? (hope so!)
 2) What do you think of the tests I did to verify that this
behaves the way I want? Is there a better / more idiomatic way to do
this?

thartman at linodewhyou:~/learning/haskell/lists$ cat drop.hs
mydrop :: Int -> [Int] -> [Int]
mydrop 0 xs = xs
mydrop n xs = mydrop (n-1) (tail xs)

main = test
test = do print test1
         print test2
         print test3

test1 = mydrop 3 [1,2,3] == []
test2 = mydrop 2 [1,2,3] == [3]
test3 = mydrop 0 [1,2,3] == [1,2,3]
thartman at linodewhyou:~/learning/haskell/lists$ runghc drop.hs
True
True
True