[Haskell-cafe] FFI basics

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:36:51 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:
> Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> > Yitz, Please do make time to do this!
> > This is the moment, while it is still fresh in your mind.
>
> Of course, you are correct. Thanks for the push.
> I am a bit busy with work, but the information is not
> lost. I'll have it up soon.

I just did the same thing (started using FFI) and I had some
questions, so I thought I would put up a slightly flawed wiki page and
let people answer my questions by fixing the problems!

The page is "FFI Introduction", and the question is how to nicely
integrate make to compile the C files and ghc --make for the haskell
ones.

Oops, I just realized I didn't use the recommended "Using_the_FFI" (it
didn't show up on the wiki search, but I'm new to mediawiki...)!  Oh
well, it can be merged if necessary.  "Using" seems to concentrate on
calling haskell from C, mine is about calling C from haskell, and is
more basic.