[Haskell-cafe] Re: Genuine Eratosthenes sieve [Was: Optimization fun]

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Wed Feb 21 16:52:56 EST 2007

I would be interested in seeing a multithreaded solution, with each
child thread crossing off the multiples of its own prime. The parent
thread would be blocked from spawning a new thread for multiples of the
next prime p until all existing child threads are past p.

It is not clear to me what functional data structure would most
efficiently accommodate this algorithm, however. Any suggestions?

Dan Weston