[Haskell-cafe] Call for testers: using Cabal to build RPMs

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Feb 20 18:45:10 EST 2007

I've got a branch of Cabal that adds a new command, "rpm", that lets you
build an RPM package with a single invocation:

   runhaskell Setup.*hs rpm

I've tested this pretty extensively with GHC 6.6, and I'm quite happy
with it, but if there are other users of RPM-based distros out there,
I'd appreciate it if you could kick the tyres a bit.

Once it's in solid shape, I hope to plug this capability into Hackage so
that there will automatically be fresh RPM packages available for Linux
distributions such as Fedora.

See the brief writeup here: