[Haskell-cafe] Why do I have to specify (Monad m) here again?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 18 16:28:23 EST 2007

> i mean that it makes error message more obvious - you don't need to
> remember that this context is implied due to class declaration

The error might look like
Missing instance (Ord m) araising from use of ...  imposed by
automatically infered class constraint from context line xy ? ;)

Something like this is done anyway if you omit the type declaration..
(And I have to admit that there were times I had trouble understanding
them .. *g* )

Marc