[Haskell-cafe] LugRadio talk

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Feb 16 05:20:17 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 13:53:46 +0000, Dougal Stanton wrote:
>Quoth Magnus Therning, nevermore,
>> Ah, damn it, I knew I shouldn't have put that in my mail to them.  I
>> just couldn't let them get away with complaining so much about Haskell
>> though.
>
>I'm glad you did. I was getting a bit annoyed as well. One of the
>presenters also stresses his "hate" of Haskell on the forums, which I
>find alarming. Hate is quite a strong word!

I'm assuming the hate comes from not fear and not understanding. :-)

>> I've been known to fake my way through things before so I guess that
>> having written my first piece of Haskell just a few weeks ago won't
>> hold me back too much...
>
>Maybe a good opportunity to put together a Haskell Promotion Pack! ;-)

Yes!

Since I put myself in this predicament I was thinking of possible topics
for a LugRadio Live presentation.  I'm not saying I'd be particularly
suited for presenting any Haskell-related topic, but as I said I can
probably fake my way through it :-)

Not having been to any LugRadio Live ever makes it a little difficult to
judge the level of the talks from previous years.  It doesn't help that
I can't find any archive of presentations/slides/papers on lugradio.org.

Anyone who can offer any advice?

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus