[Haskell-cafe] questions about core

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:34:21 EST 2007

On 2/12/07, Dougal Stanton <ithika at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quoth Joel Reymont, nevermore,
> >
> > Are these two different Simons? :-)
> >

> I'm beginning to wonder if Simon is less a name and more a title,
> meaning "strong in the lambda force" or somesuch. Let's hope they don't
> go over to the dark side ;-)

I read that "Simon" means "one who listens to or obeys God." Tying
this together with Stefan's post, maybe God is sort of like the
unwritten denotational semantics for Haskell.

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"Would you be my clock if I promise not to hang you / Too close to the window