[Haskell-cafe] GHC throws IOError on Win32 when there is no console

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 09:15:10 EST 2007

On 09/02/07, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> It probably wouldn't be hard to write a reasonably general wrapper for
> this, but it's a bit late now so I'll leave that as an exercise :-)

Sigh. I tried to set this up (using a little external C routine to do
the API grunt work) and it doesn't seem to work as I expect. Maybe the
C/GHC runtimes do something more complex than just using the API
standard handles, maybe I coded something wrong.

In theory, this should work. In practice, Haskell may benefit from an
equivalent of the C freopen() function (from stdio), which deals
correctly with the internals of handles...

Paul.