[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs Ruby as a scripting language

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 08:43:37 EST 2007

Is anyone using Haskell as a scripting language in their app?

I'm thinking of viable it would be to embed ghc in a Mac (Cocoa) app.

TextMate [1] uses Ruby as the extension language and quite
successfully at that. Everybody loves Ruby since it's simple. I need
a trading systems language and I'm afraid the combination of ...
everything that makes Haskell otherwise great will prove a drawback
in my case.

What do you think?

	Thanks, Joel

[1] http://macromates.com/